Retail Management System and Oracle ERP Implementation
• A downsizing project for the whole company from IBM mainframe 4381 to mini-computer RS6000 running AIX and Oracle RDBMS.
• It brings the company a low TCO on running her retail chain not only in Hong Kong but also expanding to Greater China Region.
• Development Environment: PowerBuilder 5 running Oracle RDBMS on IBM AIX Platform
Our Contributions :
• Design the development environment including data dictionary standard and control, programming guideline and program version control mechanism.
• Define the implementation and data migration approach, manage the user expectation on and oversee the overall quality and schedule.
• Define project control mechanism including change control and escalation procedure.
• Conduct requirement study meeting, project control meeting and development review meeting